August 03, 2010

I Am So Worn-Out These Days

What is the deal? I KNOW you think it’s just a symptom of the weather, but does it have to be that? I figure my being so worn-out all the time is just due to the hurt of living or whatever. Life went gangrenous at some point in the past year, with the extra money and the football and the online dates-a-thons. It’s a lot for one person. It’s a lot for all of us.

On top of which, there’s never been so much to stay up for! The interwebs! Facebook is a nightmare calling my name every minute of the day. People have statuses: attention must be given. Someone’s posting pictures to their galley on Flickr: I need to be there to offer encouragement. Guys I like are posting links, for real, like EVERY DAY. What happens if I don’t click on them? I don’t want to find out, and neither do you. It’s a wonder I get any time to sleep. I should be applauded.

My key to staying awake remains to be tea. I find now that one cup a day is about all my body can handle, but that’s sufficient to get me through most of the morning. Awesome! Good job everybody, let’s go home. But what’s this? There’s more to the day, turns out. Is Facebook to blame, somehow?

So it’s been with great interest that I’ve turned to getting out of the house more lately and trying to limit the online activity. But I’ve realized I’ve done more shopping in the past three days than I would in a month. I think I like the latter the least. So the point is I’m here, exhausted after work and the gym but updating my blog. Playing a part in the online discussion. Creating content. Presenting all of you who are sitting in front of your computer screens a good reason for doing so. I am now free of my responsibilities for the evening; who knows where the blogospheres will take me next. My ass is numb, my bed cold but my laptop is affectionately warm. There’s a playlist queue to organize. There’s media pouncing on a male actor struggling to hold on to some slice of self-respect as he paints his face white for a red carpet event. There is music to reach out to, and high-resolution photographs of dishes I’m not interested in eating. I’m awake, let’s friggin’ do this.

Zero 7: noun – a kickass electronic/power-pop styled musical duo.


Oh, and the track by them 'In The Waiting Line' features vocals by Sophie Barker. So play it, turn it up, and stay still, because they’ll be sure to bring the noise.

If anyone would like to contact me, send me freebies, or just say how awesome I am you can reach me at evelinerajan@gmail.com

Keep reading

6 Pulses Say:

iAmCha said...

Change is good.
Allows you to see who you really are.

Why do you think I have suddenly begun stalking you on gtalk? Every Morning! And "wasting your time" as according to the song by Zero 7 (which I love). :D

Yes you are awesome.

PS. I met Abhi today. He has an exhibition with Raghu Rai in Delhi sometime during August 6th, and in Mumbai during December. Let's have another reunion. You may get some freebie then.


x.

Mizohican said...

Interwebs. lolz. I miss that name :D

Welcome to the generation of information overload where everybody including me is suffering from ADHD. hehehe.

Three days ago I lost my mobile phone. When I am not in front of my desk, I am online from my phone - in the loo, auto, gf's place, etc etc. After I lost my phone, the first day was terrible. But now I am at complete peace. I just rediscovered how calm and peaceful life is without the hassle of the online world. In fact I have never felt more fresh than this!

Unknown said...

Why blame Facebook? We can chose to ignore anything if we want to, right? But I get your idea about trying to appease everyone :)

Living on tea? Get real. :)

BrownPhantom said...

So true, so true.
This whole wretched online-always-connected thing. Am a victim too. Somehow have stayed away from twitter .Heard, it totally kills you.
But it's fun to play silly on FB:).

Many would shy away from admitting, but I very much like the electronic clan of music.

Eveline said...

@Imchaba/BFF: Don't our priorities change every single day? Life can be so simple, if we let it.
Here's hoping that my obsessions don't turn into something that would be a big pain in my ass.

And such good news about Abhi. :)) I'm so proud of him! August 6th was too short of a notice, Imcha. You must remember that I'm the one with a corporate job. One that requires me to ask for leave a month in advance. :)

@Illusionaire: For some weird reason the terms interwebs and blogosphere have somehow stuck with me. The others are way to common nowadays so I dont mind going retro. ;)
Sorry to hear about your phone. I truly believe that a phone is an extension of you. That's why I totally understand all the contemplating you've been doing to buy the perfect new phone.

I think as far as technology goes, there's a healthy separation between addicted-to and really-like something. I really like technology and use it constantly. However, I grew up in a time without it and I suppose without it I'd do just fine. Although I'm not going to be testing that theory anytime soon. :P

@Shadowthorne @ Ramzu Zahini: Yes, sticking with just tea. Guess, it comes with age. :P
Blaming FB just means I am truly losing it. Guess I should stick with watching fat kids at the pool. Less stressful.

@BrownPhantom: For the record, I don't know why anyone even wants to tweet. Honestly I don't think Twittering cuts it. I like FB waaaay too much to dedicate anytime to that page.

I'm starting to like experimental music too. Octopus Project being one of the bands I really dig. Oooh, you should recommend some music. I'd really like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh I get ya. I have gotten so so fed up of my online identity. Want to delete it all at times. But then again I am part of a society now and I can't garner the courage to ostracize myself!
Btw, my facebook has no wall page now. And after that deed, all my friends treat me like royalty whenever I grace them with a comment or a like! Neat ha? :D