October 15, 2008

Today, my older sister and her husband celebrate their anniversary. They went out for 3 years and have been married for 4. I would like to have a relationship like theirs, but I will not mention any names lest I prematurely terrify that particular someone.

At the moment, I feel like plucking out my throat to relieve myself of the pain I feel every time I try to eat or drink something. I rarely fall ill and when I actually do, it’s really bad. The symptoms of a sore throat have resulted in blogger's block and I’m consumed with worry that people will start finding my blog boring and then stop reading it because they've come to hate me.

Wish me luck.

Unless you've come to hate me, in which case, is there anything I can do to win you back?

And moving on to the music-

Just when I thought I was out, he pulls me right back in. For those who read yesterday’s post already know and are probably anticipating the man with the dreamy voice. It is once again time for me to dust off my spectacles and devote myself to exploring and revealing true music’s latest offering. With that in mind, onto the mystery heartbreaker.

Ray LaMontagne

For the record, he looks like this:


So there’s that.

Really, though, I’m actually pretty excited about this one.

Ray LaMontagne, the singer of ‘Let it be me’ is set to release his much-anticipated third album, ‘Gossip in the Grain’, on October 14th. His music is a fascinating cocktail of pastoral folk, railroad blues, front porch country, and plangent balladry. The song I posted on my blog yesterday proves what quality music is.

So what took me so long to write about this guy? Because he’s brilliant. Most of the time the word brilliant being associated with a track makes me want to post about it immediately, that day, on the spot. This time around, though, everyone I know agrees that it is brilliant. As such this song has been played out, heard by quite a few people, and garnered almost universal acclaim amongst my friends and family {I think even my mother likes it}. Trust me when I say that every single track this man has come up with is worth listening to and you’ll be grateful you’ve added Ray LaMontagne to your 2008's artist collection.

And that takes care of the majors. If anything caught your eye this month or week–or more importantly, if you want to talk about whether Ray LaMontagne is just radiant–feel free to let me know about it in the comments section below. Now if you’ll excuse me, the new episode of The Mentalist dropped in this week and I still haven’t watched it.
Peace out. Stay sweet. I’ll keep posting music if you keep pretending to care. That’s it today.


4 Pulses Say:

Anonymous said...

Hey Priscilla, I heard Let it Be Me all day yesterday that's how much I loved it.. And I love this track tooooo..

Anonymous said...

Wishya luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Have I ever mentioned that I have a deep affection for people who enjoyed Girl Alone? Get well soon- nice people do not deserve to languish in bed! And oh, your previous post made me laugh out loud. Trust me, I don't do fancy joints either- basic pubs with basic booze suits me just fine. Cheers to that!

Anonymous said...

@shouldifollow: You're one of the few readers who actually comment on the tracks I put up. Thanks pete!:) I'm quite crazy about the song myself. :)

@jagjit: Why thanks. :)

Anyone else noticed that Rupa Gulab commented on my post?
There's always so much love in the comments section.

@Rupa Gulab: Hey..I loved Girl Alone … mostly because the aspects of characters were all I actually cared about. a. Very real characters, b.darn good book.

I'm ecstatic. Thanks for the comment.