August 18, 2008

Manic Mondays

At the moment the whole of B’lore is currently preoccupied with the live ban. I hate it and if you’re like me and the rest of us who are for live music, it makes you want to slap some sense into the authorities. I'm not going to go into my thoughts about this as it will just turn into a rant about human rights and governmental control.


Posters that were part of the Bangalore Protest:



This post is going to be real short as I’m too tired to post properly. I worked non-stop from stupid nine to five o’clock. Today, I reckon I must’ve be one of the busiest workers in B’lore. In fact, quite possibly, the world. I'm not going to whine as yet- honest, but today involved some real hard work. I now realize that there really aren't enough hours in the day. I suppose most women have known this fact for ages. And it’s back to work, again, tomorrow (yes, I know. sigh!)

One day Ruan and me wouldn’t stop singing this song and tripping on the lyrics. It was by this band called the Moldy Peaches though the version I’m playing for you here isn’t the original. Instead, it’s by the Juno couple- Michael Cera and Ellen Page. A modern love song that’s highly addictive and terribly listenable.


2 Pulses Say:

Anonymous said...

I was at a party last week and someone was telling me about this. I, of course, didn't give the matter a second thought, due in equal parts to the fact I had already downed a few drinks and the matter seemed to ludicrous to warrant a thought.

But now that you mention it -- Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot? This is beyond ridiculous! I don't get it? What are we living in? A totalitarian state? How are people putting up with this. Of course, every city and state in this world has its own bunch of insane laws--but no one ever enforces them because of just that--they're insane. You just get to read about them in those "Funny Laws You Didn't Know Existed" sections of magazines like Readers Digest. But this is being enforced?

I don't get it. So technically, I can be all fine and drinking at a pub--but if I happen to stand up and sing a line, that's a 'crime'?

Words fail me. Sorry. Just glad I'm not in the city!

Anonymous said...

Insane as it seems, it's an awful reality.
Hopefully, it'll become one of those crazy laws that just didn't exist for a very long time.