January 22, 2010

FRIDAY! About Time You Showed Up

Oh dear friends, I missed you today. I got trapped - trapped I tell you - in a terrible day at the office. But it's Friday. Two extremely large cups of tea into the day and I'm starting to feel slightly more alive. Apologies if I seem a bit murky...you see, it was a shitty day overwhelmed with absolutely frustrating labour without a break. I won't bore you with work stuff but have you ever had one of those days after which you feel wholly and entirely overpowered? That was my day today. In any case, that's ended and, since I've pulled so many epic days recently, I'm glad tomorrow is an off. Needless to say, there's been no Friday happy-dancing going on this evening. But that’s only because I'm way tired.

What's today? Well, okay, yes, it’s Friday. But really, the answer I'm going for is De-lurking Day!
Today is the day for my readers to come out of hiding for a couple minutes to comment and say hello. And for all of you who quite regularly comment here? I want to hear from you today too.

And since it’s the whole Friday music thing I figured I'd better give you something good. I was thinking about the whole acoustic thing a little while ago and remembered an old song that I love. Just hit play if you don’t want to read a little bit about the artist...
Joshua Radin released two albums: We Were Here (2006), and Simple Times (2008). They’re both essential. Just buy them. I’d like to think that, in 20 or 30 years or so, when the musical wheel turns and the world reassesses all that has been overlooked, these albums will be recognized as the stunning successes they are. Joshua Radin is a comparatively new artist has been making music for four years now. If you like Acoustic and Folk music, you might like him. His albums have been critically acclaimed and have received an ardent listener comeback. It’s an incredibly amazing body of work. Do yourself a favor and check him out now, before the musical wheel turns. Joshua Radin with ‘Only You’

12 Pulses Say:

shouldifollow said...

:) I like, I like.

Sree said...

How can one resist an invitation to comment :).And i'm glad theres a job that makes you feel trapped at times.Friday must have passed,continue the dance though.

Anupama said...

Hey Eve!

I know the feeling and hence, hello there Lady! How are you feeling now? I hope Saturday hascrept into you already and is making you feel Sunshiny on this otherwise terribly cold day in Bangalore...sit in the sun awhile and soak it up...I'll catch up with you soon :)

Eveline said...

@Pete: Oh good. It makes me happy that this song is out there.

@Sree: Did my friday happy dance as well as today's dance of joy. Course i looked like a spastic giraffe with leg cramps doing it, but it's done. Graceful, i'm not. Hope the weekend was fun! Thanks for commenting.

@Anupama: Better. I think that's one of the reasons I love & live music so much...its a great way to let off steam. You're officially the cutest Senora EVER. Thanks Anupama! :)

Sherry Wasandi said...

Late, perhaps. Make it de-lurking week!

*points at self dramatically*

mentalie said...

oh damn. just saw this and it's almost friday again! well, here's wishing you a wonderful one this time around :)
ps: sweet song!

Reine de mots said...

Hey Eve,
Love your writing. Yours is the first blog I check and it never fails to make me smile
DG :)

Mesmerizer said...

*comments and says hello*

Diwakar Sinha said...

I had been off the map for a while...a bit late for the post, i guess, but not too late, hopefully..

Eveline said...

@Sherry: Thanks for the comment on my blog. :)

@mentalie: Not really late but thanks for stopping by. Mushy-sized me, indeed. Hope you liked the track. Good weekend, i reckon?

@Reine de mots: Thanks for taking the time to leave a note, you are way cool! :)

@Mesmerizer: Thanks for your comment, much appreciated!

@Diwakar Sinha: Thanks for the shout out! Never too late on EC. :)

BrownPhantom said...

Liked what i saw.
And heard.

You must also listen to BBC-introducing radio programs. They have the online iplayer. They feature new unsigned music.
You gonna have to fish a little though to find what suits your choices.

Eveline said...

@BrownPhantom: Thanks for the comment and the recommendation. I like almost everything except rap/hip hop so it shouldn't be too hard to find something my ears like. Thanks again. :)